Title: Accounting Assistant
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Position: Full Time/On-site
Do you have a passion for real estate and accounting? We are seeking a highly motivated and detail-oriented Accounting Assistant to join our dynamic and growing real estate company. This is an excellent opportunity for an entry-level candidate looking to gain practical experience in the real estate industry and develop a solid foundation in accounting principles. As an Accounting Assistant, you will be an integral part of our team, working collaboratively to support our financial operations.
This position will assist in various accounting functions for the company. Primary duties include creating journal entries for daily cash transactions, processing payables, and maintaining general ledger for multiple entities. This position will be based in the Los Angeles office and will report directly to the Director of Corporate Accounting.
What You Can Expect To Do
- Record daily cash transactions and prepare journal entries (high volume)
- Process electronic transactions (ACH, Wire, auto-debit)
- Full cycle of accounts payable
- Prepare weekly cash transaction reports
- Prepare bank deposits
- Monthly bank reconciliations
- Assist in preparation of monthly financial statements for management
- Assist with monthly investor distributions
- Assist in various accounting projects as requested
- Conduct multiple tasks concurrently, managing workloads to meet deadlines
What You Should Have
- Excellent verbal and written communication, organizational, presentation and analytical skills
- Ability to take ownership and commitment to follow through
- Ability to effectively prioritize and handle multiple tasks under pressure
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Desire to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
What You Should Be
- 0 - 2 years of accounting experience
- Accounting degree preferred
- Excellent organization, time management and multi-tasking skill
- Applicant must be a detail-oriented person with excellent analytical skills and proficient in Excel
- Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing throughout all levels of organization, both internally and externally
- Willingness to participate in a team environment
- Eager to work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Real estate accounting and tax experience a plus
- Knowledge of F9 and CYMA software a plus
Who You Can Expect To Work With
Standard Communities is an award winning affordable, workforce, and mixed-income housing innovator. As one of the AHF Top 50 largest owners of affordable housing in the country, Standard cultivates long-term public and private partnerships to produce and preserve affordable, environmentally sustainable housing.
The work we do is essential at reducing the affordable housing crisis, and our portfolio of over 115 communities and 18,500 units, provides high-quality housing for more than 43,000 people. Our team consists of more than 70 people across the country, including industry leaders in finance, construction, and asset management, who lead our industry at creating quality housing and strong communities.
Founded in 2008, Standard Communities is relentlessly focused on growth and has completed more than $3 billion in housing transactions with a portfolio that spans 17 states. As a California Benefit Corporation, we are socially conscious entrepreneurs that value high performance, corporate responsibility, and innovation.
Our long-term goal is to own more than 50,000 units and provide affordable, environmentally sustainable housing to more than 100,000 people by 2030. We are looking for curious, ambitious self-leaders to join our fast-moving, forward focused team.?
Standard Communities is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.