Administrative Support Coordinator (Part – Time) (509578)
*This is a part - time position Monday - Friday 1:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.*
Reporting to the department chair, the Administrative Support Coordinator provides administrative support to the Department of Sociology and Interdisciplinary Social Sciences. Working independently under general supervision, the Coordinator performs moderate to complex administrative support duties for the department chair, administrative staff, students and faculty.
- Acts as front-line receptionist, answers phones, greets faculty, staff, students and visitors
- Coordinates, composes, and proofs, mailings and other forms of communication and publicity
- Coordinates and is responsible for the production of department publications including layout, copy editing, and proofreading
- Assists with coordination of special events and receptions
- Assists department coordinator by entering data and proofreading materials
- Updates and maintains departmental website
- Identifies and determines cause of problems; develops and presents recommendations for improvement of established processes and practices
- Provides ongoing support to faculty members and chair, prepares and maintains faculty office hour's list; prepares and distributes textbook order forms; maintains syllabi files
- Coordinates and provides logistical support for activities such as department and university balloting procedures and distributing agendas and materials
- Responsible for processing faculty evaluations
- Assists in coordinating faculty recruitment and course scheduling
- Disseminates information to prospective and current students
- Responsible for recording and submitting student grade changes
- Solicits feedback from faculty and staff to assist in development of improved services
- Reconcile monthly ProCard statements
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to draft, compose and appropriately format correspondence and standard reports
- Thorough knowledge of software applications: word processing, spreadsheet, database and website management
- Ability to perform accurately in a detail-oriented environment
- Ability to handle multiple work priorities, organize and plan work projects
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft Scheduling, Student Administration, CFS, FTS and email programs such as Gmail
- Ability to handle multiple work priorities, prioritize, organize and plan work and projects
- Must possess strong oral and written communication skills
- Must possess excellent customer service and public relations skills
- Ability to effectively write and present reports to the Chair of the department
- Ability to ensure completeness, accuracy and timeliness of all operational functions
- Completion of a high school program, technical/vocational program, or their equivalents
- Two years of related office work experience
- Bachelor's Degree
- Clerical experience in an office setting (maintaining files, answering phones and customer service)
- Experience in Web maintenance
- Purchasing experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel), web development/management software, and email programs such as Gmail
Classification: Administrative Support Coordinator I
Anticipated Hiring Range: $1,910/month - $2,019/month (Part - Time)
Salary Range: $3,064/month - $5,148/month
San José State University offers employees a comprehensive benefits package typically worth 30-35% of your base salary. For more information on programs available, please see the Employee Benefits Summary.
Click Apply Now to complete the SJSU Online Employment Application and attach the following documents:
- Letter of Interest
All applicants must apply within the specified application period: January 9, 2022 through January 30, 2022. This position is open until filled; however, applications received after screening has begun will be considered at the discretion of the university.
Monday - Friday, 1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
CSU Vaccination Policy
The CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement as a condition of employment. The system wide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/ and questions may be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. SJSU will issue a contingent offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was offered the position on a contingent basis.
The standard background check includes: criminal check, employment and education verification. Depending on the position, a motor vehicle and/or credit check may be required. All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate Background. Some positions may also require fingerprinting. SJSU will pay all costs associated with this procedure. Evidence of required degree(s) or certification(s) will be required at time of hire.
SJSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (e.g. H1-B VISAS)
All San José State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Equal Employment Statement
San José State University (SJSU) is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of age, ancestry, citizenship status, color, creed, disability, ethnicity, gender, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, race, religion or lack thereof, sex, sexual orientation, transgender, or protected veteran status consistent with applicable federal and state laws. This policy applies to all SJSU students, faculty and staff programs and activities. Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, and certain other federal and state laws, prohibit discrimination on the basis of sex in all education programs and activities operated by the university (both on and off campus).
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled