Assistant Director of Diversity
Location: San Francisco, CA Category: Staff Positions Posted On: Tue Jun 8 2021 Job Description:
The Assistant Director of the Office of Diversity and Inclusion is responsible for planning and oversight of programs and initiatives that focus intersectional racial and ethnic development, LGBTQ+, neurodiversity, and student advocacy, and support. This position reports to the Director of the Office of Diversity, Inclusion, and Belonging.
The Assistant Director of Diversity may work remote or onsite depending on business related operational needs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work collaboratively on strategic efforts designed to advance an inclusive student, staff and faculty environment.
- Help develop, implement comprehensive campus wide programs that promote diversity, inclusion, equity, and belonging.
- Provide advising support to student identity-based groups.
- Assist in the community building and development of identity-based student groups and faculty and staff networks to support students more effectively.
- Provide trainings and resources to the university community to promote an inclusive environment and create an increased sense of belonging.
- Assist in the strategic planning of the Office of Diversity and Inclusion.
- Monitor work hours for supervised student-worker staff, as well as responsibly manage funds.
- Participate in the ODI Advisory Committee and other diversity-related working groups on campus.
- Provide content and updates for social media sites and website
- Master's degree in higher education, counseling, social sciences, or related field preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years relevant work experience in higher education setting working with student organizations, program planning and implementation, training design and delivery, and community building.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated understanding of the dynamics of difference, privilege, and power, and the ability to foster constructive dialogue with different groups across campus, establish communications structures, and work in collaboration with others to ensure an inclusive environment.
- Experience working with students belonging to underrepresented groups
- Familiarity with reporting tools and the ability to analyze information.
- Previous experience using technology to facilitate and support diversity and inclusion programs and initiatives, online and in-person.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of constituents, including faculty, staff, and students
- Other duties as assigned.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Supervisory experience
- Public speaking skills
- High organization and time management skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects at once
- Demonstrated knowledge of diversity concepts
- Event planning and facilitation skill
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with skills and experience.
NOTES TO CANDIDATE
Working Conditions -- Duties are primarily performed in an office environment at a desk or computer terminal, typically, Monday through Friday.
Background Check -- Due to the sensitivity and requirements of our positions, you should expect to undergo and be cleared of an employment background/criminal check, if extended an offer for employment. You may also be asked to provide proof of educational degree(s), licenses or credentials pertinent to the position. If your job requires driving on behalf of CIIS you will be required to provide proof of a valid driver's license.
Visa Sponsorship -- Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. Applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
Relocation Assistance -- This position is not eligible for relocation assistance.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY
CIIS values diverse perspectives and life experiences. Every applicant will be considered regardless of race, color, ethnicity, creed, national origin, ancestry, gender, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity. All qualified persons legally authorized to work in the United States are encouraged to apply.
Accommodations for people with disabilities will be provided on request.