Automation Engineer III
Location: South San Francisco, CA, United States
Job Identification: 436
Job Schedule: Full time
Myriad Women's Health is looking for an Automation Engineer to join our automation team. The automation team is a multidisciplinary group of engineers with backgrounds in mechanical, electrical, software, and controls engineering.
As sample volume at Myriad Women's Health increases, our world class automated laboratory must also scale to keep up with demand.
As an Automation Engineer, you will play a leading role in the scale-up of our automated laboratory, enabling the processing of thousands of samples across multiple workflows. Your work will focus on integrating in-house custom industrial automation hardware and software with laboratory automation instruments. The automation team has direct involvement throughout the lifecycle of our laboratory automation development, including design, build, launch, and continuous improvement.
This work interacts with many other aspects of our automation technology, from the design of custom instruments, to our in-house developed laboratory event scheduler and information management systems, to helping scientists automate new biological assays.
- Design and document new integrated robotic work cells with custom automation equipment including selection and specification of custom and off-the-shelf mechanical, pneumatic, fluidic, and electrical components.
- Build out and test those very same work cells you just designed!
- Evaluate and recommend engineering changes to existing devices and equipment in order to improve reliability, manufacturability, serviceability, and decrease cost.
- Create and manage detailed BOM and test documentation for parts and assemblies.
- Document and implement change requests with ECO/DCO change control processes.
- Manage documentation, suppliers, and contract manufacturers and lead initiatives to move sourcing of internal parts and assemblies to external vendors.
- Collaborate with various teams to achieve multifaceted, high impact projects.
- Travel to Myriad's other sites, including Salt Lake City, UT, as needed during certain project phases
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Biomedical Engineering, or a related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience to perform at this level
- Minimum of 6 years of experience in controls engineering, electromechanical design, industrial system design, or a similar field
- Hands on experience with electro-mechanical assembly, wiring, soldering, and troubleshooting
- Experience with industrial PLCs; Beckhoff experience is a plus; PLC programming in structured text is a plus
- Experience with system integration or factory automation
- Demonstrated experience selecting and working with external suppliers and contract manufacturers
- Experience creating and maintaining detailed BOM documents and part and assembly drawings
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience with P&ID and electrical schematics
- Experience integrating industrial articulated and SCARA robots
- Experience with Linux and Python is a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven project management skills
- Proficient in SolidWorks and SolidWorks PDM
- Familiar with ANSI Y14.5-2009 and proficient in the use of GD&T as it applies to machined parts and assemblies
- Experience with ISO10218-1 and ISO10218-2
- Has shipped systems or products in an ISO13485, ISO9001, or other QMS environment
About UsMyriad Genetics Inc., is a leading personalized medicine company dedicated to being a trusted advisor transforming patient lives worldwide with pioneering molecular diagnostics. Myriad discovers and commercializes molecular diagnostic tests that: determine the risk of developing disease, accurately diagnose disease, assess the risk of disease progression, and guide treatment decisions across six major medical specialties where molecular diagnostics can significantly improve patient care and lower healthcare costs. Myriad is focused on three strategic imperatives: maintaining leadership in an expanding hereditary cancer market, diversifying its product portfolio through the introduction of new products and increasing the revenue contribution from international markets. For more information on how Myriad is making a difference, please visit the Company's website: www.myriad.com .
WE ARE AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. Applicants and employees are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender,national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other protected Federal, State/Province or Local status unrelated to the performance of the work involved.
Please answer all questions completely. Please do not provide any information not specifically requested on this Employment Application form.