Cashier – Aquatics
The City of Sacramento requires all newly appointed employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment. Candidates seeking an accommodation from this requirement will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
NON-CAREER PART TIME/SEASONAL
To receive and process payments for departmental services and admittance fees to City recreational facilities, and to perform a variety of general clerical tasks related to cashiering functions.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
General supervision is provided by higher level supervisors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Receive admission fees from the public or collect payments from customers for City services.
- Issue necessary receipts for payments.
- Balance daily receipts to monies received and prepare revenue summary sheets.
- Receive, verify, and record daily receipts for bank deposits.
- Other related duties may also be performed; not all duties are necessarily performed by each individual holding this classification.
- Arithmetic including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
- Make rapid and accurate arithmetic calculations.
- Operate a cash register and make necessary cash transactions with speed and accuracy.
- Operate a computer/tablet based registration and cash drawer system.
- Operate an adding machine.
- Keep accurate records of payments received.
- Understand and follow written and oral instructions.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with other employees and the general public.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION
Any combination of education and experience that would provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
One year of experience involving the receipt and balancing of money and public contact is preferred, but not required.
Ability to read and write the English language at a level necessary for efficient job performance.
PROOF OF EDUCATION
Should education be used to qualify for this position, then p roof of education such as, but not limited to, university/college transcripts and degrees should be submitted with your application and will be required at the time of appointment . Unofficial documents and/or copies are acceptable.
An applicant with a college degree obtained outside the United States must have education records evaluated by a credentials evaluation service. Evaluation of education records will be due at time of appointment.
Must be at least 16 years old by time of appointment.
If considered for appointment, candidates must:
- Pass criminal background check.
- Pass a medical exam and tuberculosis screening test.
If under 18, possession of a valid work permit as applicable by California State law is required at time of appointment.
The physical standards described are representative of those that must be met by employees to successfully perform the essential functions of this class. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This is a position requiring the ability to stand for prolonged amounts of time; perform simple and power grasping; verbal and hearing skills to effectively communicate with participants and staff; visual acuity to read and record documents and make observations. Work may be performed outdoors with exposure to heat, often over 100 degrees, sun, noise, dust, pollens, and common pool chemicals.
THE SELECTION PROCEDURE
Please note, the City of Sacramento's preferred method of communication with applicants is via e-mail. As such, please ensure you verify the e-mail address on your application, and check your e-mail frequently, including your spam and junk folders. All e-mail notifications can also be accessed through the governmentjobs.com applicant inbox.
1. Application: (Pass/Fail) - All applicants must complete and submit online a City of Sacramento employment application by the final filing deadline ;
- Employment applications must be submitted online; paper applications will not be accepted.
- Employment applications will be considered incomplete and will be disqualified:
- If applicants do not list current and past job-related experience in the duties area of the "Work Experience" section. Note: Qualifying experience is based on full-time experience (40 hours per week). Qualifying experience is calculated to the full-time equivalent (pro-rated if less than 40 hours/week ).
- If "see resume" is noted in the "Work Experience" section; a resume will not substitute for the information required in the "Work Experience" section.
- Proof of education such as, but not limited to, university/college transcripts and degrees should be submitted online with your application. Proof of education will be required at time of appointment.
- Position/job titles will not be considered in determining eligibility for meeting the minimum qualifications for this position.
- Supplemental documents such as resume, cover letter, and proof of education are highly preferred and recommended at the time of application submission. Documents should be submitted to the City of Sacramento Employment Office as attachment(s) via online with the employment application, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org , or by FAX to (916) 596-1556. If submitting via FAX /email , please include your name and Job # 009012-23-YPCE on your documents.
2. Supplemental Questionnaire: (Pass/Fail) - In addition to the City of Sacramento employment application, all applicants must complete and submit online responses to the supplemental questionnaire to the City of Sacramento Employment Office by the final filing deadline ;
- Responses to the supplemental questionnaire must be submitted online; paper questionnaire will not be accepted.
- Incomplete supplemental questionnaire will not pass the review process; omitted information cannot be considered or assumed.
- A resume will not substitute for the information required in the supplemental questionnaire.
3. Screening Committee: (Pass/Fail) - All applications received by the final filing deadline will be forwarded to the hiring department for review. The hiring department will select the most competitive applications for further consideration. Human Resources will only evaluate employment applications for the minimum qualifications, as stated on the job announcement, for applications selected by the hiring department.
4. Hiring Interview: Those candidates determined to be the MOST QUALIFIED will be invited to participate in an interview process coordinated by the hiring department. There will be no eligible list established, as positions will be seasonal and/or part-time. A hiring interview is not guaranteed.
5. Conditional Hire: Upon receipt of a conditional offer, the selected candidate must complete and pass LiveScan /fingerprinting and provide proof of receiving a complete COVID-19 vaccination. If applicable, candidates may also need to pass a pre-employment medical exam, controlled substance and/or alcohol test, and possess any required licensure or certification prior to receiving a start date from the Department. Failure to meet these prerequisites will be grounds for withdrawal of your conditional offer of employment.
For questions concerning this job announcement and the application process:
- Please visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/Home/ApplicationGuide for a comprehensive, step-by-step guide to the application process.
- For technical support between 6 AM - 5 PM PT, contact Live Application Support at 855-524-5627.
- Visit the City of Sacramento Human Resources Department website at http://www.cityofsacramento.org/HR/Career-Opportunities ;
- Send an email to email@example.com ; or
- Call the Human Resources Department at (916) 808-5726
Did you know that the City offers bilingual pay? That's right, most labor agreements offer the option of providing employees with bilingual pay if the department deems it to be operationally necessary.
Pension Reform Act
The City of Sacramento is covered by the California Public Employees' Retirement System, and as such, must adhere to the California Public Employee's Pension Reform Act (PEPRA) of 2013. Please note that the provisions within this act may affect or impact an applicant's eligibility and/or selection for open vacancies at the City of Sacramento.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The City of Sacramento is an equal opportunity employer to all, regardless of age, ancestry, color, disability (mental and physical), exercising the right to family care and medical leave, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, military or veteran status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religious creed, sex (includes pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding and related medical conditions), and sexual orientation.
Civil Service Rules: http://portal.cityofsacramento.org/HR/Divisions/Administration/HR-Boards-Commissions/Civil-Service-Board
Union Contracts: http://portal.cityofsacramento.org/HR/Divisions/Labor-Relations/Labor-Agreements
Salary Schedule: http://portal.cityofsacramento.org/HR/Document-Library
Closing Date/Time: 10/31/2023 11:59 PM Pacific