Since 1941, the USO has been the nation's leading organization to serve the men and women in the U.S. military, and their families, throughout their time in uniform. From the moment they join, through their assignments and deployments, and as they transition back to their communities, the USO is always by their side.
Today's USO continuously adapts to the needs of our men and women in uniform and their families, so they can focus on their very important mission. We operate USO centers at or near military installations across the United States and throughout the world, including in combat zones, and even un-staffed USO service sites in places too dangerous for anyone but combat troops to occupy.
The Center Director is responsible for the day-to-day operation and activities of one or more USO Centers.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Duties)
- In coordination with local Advisory Council as applicable, provide active leadership in program design and direction as well as procurement and growth of financial and other in-kind resources necessary for center operations and programs/activities.*
- Develop, improve and maintain working relationships with US Military and local business community leadership. Conduct periodic reviews of service member and family needs and recommend/implement program/service changes as appropriate.*
- Manage day-to-day Center operational procedures, ensuring a cost-effective, safe, welcoming, clean and well-maintained environment. Actively manage full-cycle human capital activities including recruitment, supervision, training & development and recognition for staff and/or volunteer workforce. Ensure delivery of excellent customer service.*
- Oversee planning, delivery and quality of programs, services, equipment and events within budgeted limits. Identify and implement improvements that achieve USO Standards of Excellence.*
- As directed by regional leadership, perform and monitor financial activities, including but not limited to creation and execution of operating budget, sales and/or other income, banking transactions. Prepare, review and present reports, including but not limited to financial, operational and statistical reports. Create and/or maintain records required for local procedures and activities.
- Drive and operate motor vehicles (12 passenger or smaller). Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or related field.
- 10+ years progressively responsible work experience in a program/service delivery management role, including 5+ years in a supervisory capacity. Relevant experience in a non-profit, military, multicultural and/or global organization preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to lead high-performing teams. Ability to achieve desired results while working collaboratively in a team environment.
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills. Ability to interact with USO Leadership, the general public and military audiences at a variety of levels with integrity and professionalism.
- Demonstrated ability to exercise sound judgment related to controversial and/or culturally sensitive subjects. Ability to handle confidential information with tact and poise.
- Working knowledge of basic business and accounting functions including project management and budgeting.
- Demonstrated initiative/self-motivation, with the ability to quickly and easily adapt to changing organizational needs.
- Proficiency using computers and electronics equipment. Working knowledge of various software, applications, and programs including but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to obtain and maintain proper credentials necessary to access USO Center locations and facilities including but not limited to security, credit and/or background screening, SOFA status, valid driver's license.
- Must be a strong advocate of the USO's mission.
- This is position located at Los Angeles International Airport in Los Angeles, CA. Preference will be given to local candidates within commuting distance to the location.
- Resume and cover letter are required for full consideration.