Location: San Francisco, CA Category: Staff Positions Posted On: Fri Jun 25 2021 Job Description:
CIIS is searching for a Part-time, 50% FTE, Clinic Manager for the Psychological Services Center (PSC) on Polk Street, a moderate-fee Counseling Psychology training clinic in San Francisco specializing in depth-oriented, traditional talk therapy focused on mind, body, and spirit. The Clinic Manager is responsible for conducting and managing the administrative and financial aspects of the operation of the PSC. Along with supporting the Director in various operational ways, the Manager must also be willing to participate in activities that support the learning and development of the community. The Manager creates and maintains an environment for optimal student learning while managing a busy clinical office.
This position requires strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to multitask. It requires the ability to work productively with persons with diverse identities and worldviews. The Manager must be able to work in collaboration with all staff to ensure that professional standards of quality in services, compliance with regulatory requirements, and overall program goals are met. The Manager also must demonstrate flexibility in regard to job duties and assignments, with the ability to work effectively - both independently and as part of a team -- to organize tasks, problem-solve and make decisions while handling multiple priorities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conduct financial operations of the Psychological Services Center, maintain bookkeeping system (income and expenses), make weekly deposits (or supervise the work study person who does this), manage petty cash, prepare monthly and annual financial reports, assess the financial needs, and with the Director, prepare the annual budget request to CIIS's Administrative and Finance departments
- Oversee online practice management software
- Manage intake phone shift schedules and room schedule
- Train therapists on office policies and procedures
- Facilitate weekly business meetings for trainees
- Oversee upkeep of the PSC, order supplies, arrange machine maintenance
- Assign and oversee community jobs and phone shifts assigned to trainees
- Supervise student committee responsibilities (e.g., PR/Outreach, Advertising, Retreat, PSC Facility Management)
- Coordinate logistics for open houses, retreats, and other important community meetings and activities (must also be available to attend such events)
- Process correspondence regarding trainee evaluations and keep records of supervisors' evaluations of trainees
- Compile and submit monthly supervision payments for outside supervisors
- Coordinate with CIIS staff for fundraising activities, research grant options, and conduct marketing outreach
- May assist Director in providing consultation and support to students around clinical and procedural concerns
- May supervise the contact and intake process, along with the Director
- May assist Director in monitoring record keeping systems and client files to ensure they are in compliance with legal and ethical requirements
- May assist Director in consulting with CIIS around any court/legal inquiries
- Previous management experience - ideally managing an office and/or supporting a director in a clinical setting or related non-profit
- Must possess strong organizational and management skills, and be detail-oriented
- Must be able to work independently and devise and/or recommend new systems
- Basic knowledge of the clinical, legal and ethical issues unique to the administration of a professional community counseling center/training facility and (ideally) BOP requirements
- Familiarity with practicum placement procedures and BAPIC regulations preferred
- Experience, capacity, and competence in working with organizational diversity and inclusion and/or social justice practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, demonstrated by the ability to communicate effectively and relate congenially with clinic staff and community members
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite
- Master's degree in Psychology or Social Work and professional license preferred
- Experience interfacing with professional mental health service providers (e.g., supervisors, case managers, psychiatrists, M.D.s) preferred
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with skills and experience.
NOTES TO CANDIDATE
Working Conditions - During pandemic conditions, duties are conducted primarily virtually. When public health safety permits, duties are resumed in a clinic/office environment located on Polk Street in San Francisco, at a desk or computer terminal and in therapy/group rooms, Wednesdays and one to two other weekdays as coordinated with Clinic staff. Must be available to attend occasional CIIS meetings in the South of Market area of San Francisco, community and clinic retreats.
Background Check -- Due to the sensitivity and requirements of our positions, you should expect to undergo and be cleared of an employment background/criminal check, if extended an offer for employment. You may also be asked to provide proof of educational degree(s), licenses or credentials pertinent to the position. If your job requires driving on behalf of CIIS you will be required to provide proof of a valid driver's license.
Visa Sponsorship -- Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. Applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
Relocation Assistance -- This position is not eligible for relocation assistance.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY
CIIS values diverse perspectives and life experiences. Every applicant will be considered regardless of race, color, ethnicity, creed, national origin, ancestry, gender, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity. All qualified persons legally authorized to work in the United States are encouraged to apply.
Accommodations for people with disabilities will be provided on request.