Director- Global Engineering
Bugcrowd is the worlds #1 crowdsourced security company. Our award-winning platform combines actionable, contextual intelligence with the skill and experience of the worlds most elite hackers to help leading organizations solve security challenges, protect customers, and make the digitally connected world a safer place.
- Assist the Global Head of Engineering and the CTO to define the technology and product direction of the organization
- Work with product and engineering leadership to define the product roadmap
- Responsible for all engineering quarterly commitments
- Drive Coordinating, rationalizing, and creating architecture and standard development platforms and frameworks for your teams
- Drive the next generation of the platform, including the data strategy, modularity and extensibility; Accountable for moving the UX to a new paradigm
- Account for, and supervise areas of technical and operational excellence and debt, working with engineering and product to appropriately prioritize
- Work cross-functionally with Product, IT, technical leads, operations teams, and other members of our organization to drive alignment on the technical vision and engineering output
- Evaluate external technology, companies, and services as part of a build / buy / partner analysis
- Work with outside vendors and contractors
- Manage multiple local and remote engineering teams in developing new platform features across Platform, Service, and Data engineering
- Work with direct managers to hire and develop a team of managers, engineers, and project managers to support efforts
- Provide continuous feedback, address underperformance, and recognize the individual strengths and contributions of team members through collaboration with direct managers
- Celebrate individual and team accomplishments
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field and 48 months of experience in the job offered or a related occupation. Education or experience must include:
- Commercial experience developing platforms allowing large community collaboration and contribution
- Commercial experience developing platforms that process data from user generated and crowd-sourced content
- Commercial experience developing high-volume / traffic platforms for large, community-based engagement
- Commercial experience developing software platforms for customers (B2B) and consumers (B2C)
- Commercial experience with multiple development languages, both dynamic and statically compiled, including Ruby on Rails, Python and C++
- Commercial experience with infrastructure automation, e.g. terraform, Chef, AWS Opsworks
- Commercial experience with SQL data stores, including Postgresql
- Commercial experience with semantic data stores and tools, including triple stores and graph databases
- Commercial experience with recommendation engines, including collaborative filtering and KNN
- Commercial experience refactoring larger projects leveraging patterns of enterprise applications and enterprise integrations
- Commercial experience developing API-based tooling and services that can be composed into larger platforms
- At Bugcrowd, we understand that diversity in the workplace is vital to a companys success and growth. We strive to make sure that people are included and have a sense of being part of making Bugcrowd not only a great product but a great place to work.
- We regularly hear from both customers and researchers that Bugcrowd feels like a family, and we strive to maintain that internally as well.
- Our team consists of a broad range of people: musicians, adventure sports junkies, nature lovers, parents, cereal enthusiasts, night owls, cyclists, artistsyou get the point.
- Bugcrowd was founded in Australia, so expect a few Aussies here in SF, as well as our Sydney office. Vegemite is in the kitchen, but consumption is optional.
- We come from all over though: there are 24 different flags currently hanging in the office representing our countries of origin.
- Competitive salary and stock options.
- Cool office in one of SFs historic buildings right by the Embarcadero and Exploratorium.
- Opportunities to attend & host relevant conferences & meetups.
- Flexible vacation time.
- Exceptional medical, dental & vision coverage.
- Pre-tax commuter benefits.
At Bugcrowd, we are solving security threats and vulnerabilities that are relevant to everyone, therefore we believe solving these problems takes all kinds of backgrounds. We value the perspectives and experiences people from underrepresented backgrounds bring. We are a supportive & collaborative team who understand that reaching Bugcrowds potential depends on the happiness of the employee.
The company is authorized to obtain background checks for employment purposes and may include identity verification, prior employment verification, personal and professional references, educational verification, and criminal history. Applicants with conviction histories will not be excluded from consideration to the extent required by law and will be reviewed on a case by case circumstance.