EMS Agency Medical Director
COUNTY OF EL DORADO EMERGENCY PREPAREDNESS PROGRAM
The mission of El Dorado County Emergency Medical Services (EMS) Program is to provide a cost effective, sustainable, collaborative, and data-driven EMS system.
The Emergency Preparedness Coordinator will have the opportunity plan, implement, coordinate, and evaluate the medical control activities of County-wide pre-hospital patient care.
The selected candidate will have the opportunity to:
- Manage, direct and control the emergency medical services system in accordance with California Health and safety Code 1798.(a), and Title 22.
- Approve the designation of Base Hospitals within the EMS Agency system.
- Coordinate the activities of professional medical groups involved in the delivery of emergency medical services.
- Prepare or direct the preparation of such documents as the Trauma Plan, EMS Plan, and associated contracts and agreements.
- Prepare and/or approve all policies, procedures and protocols concerning medical care by EMS participants.
- Assess and audit the effectiveness of the EMS system including various levels of EMS services, staffing, and training procedures.
- Provides advice regarding medical control matters to the EMS Agency Director.
- Act as the chief investigator involved in Agency grants that have medical impact.
For a full description of duties and responsibilities please review the job description here .
Human Resources will assess your application to determine if you are minimally qualified using the following minimum qualifications:
Where college degrees and/or college course credits are required, degrees and college units must be obtained from an accredited college or university. Courses from non-accredited institutions will not be evaluated for this requirement.
In accordance with Section 1797.200 of the California Health and Safety Code, must be a graduate of a medical school in good standing and repute.
In addition, must possess two years of experience as an emergency room physician and/or trauma surgeon, OR two years of administrative experience in designing, implementing, and/or directing the emergency medical care services for an EMS provider organization, Base Hospital or Trauma Center.
Board certifications in Emergency Medicine and/or surgery are highly desirable.
- Must possess a valid driver's license.
- Must possess a valid license to practice medicine in the State of California issued by the Board of Medical Quality Assurance.
Click here to view the minimum qualifications for EMS Agency Medical Director as well as the physical, environmental, and working conditions.
SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
Apply online by clicking on the 'Apply' link at the top of this announcement. When your online application and responses to the required supplemental questions are complete, click 'Accept'.
If you have any questions regarding this recruitment, contact Alisha Johnson in Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 530-621-7602.
The Human Resources Department will screen all applications to identify qualified candidates. After screening, qualified candidates will be referred to the next step and notified of all further procedures applicable to their status in the recruitment process.
For more information on the recruitment process click here .
Based on the hiring department's needs, the selection procedures listed above may be modified. All candidates will be notified of any changes in the selection procedures.
The County of El Dorado is recruiting applicants for EMS Agency Medical Director. This recruitment will establish a list for the purpose of filling current and future vacancies for at least three (3) months. There is currently one (1) part time vacancy in the Chief Administrative Office, EMS/EPR Division. While part time positions vary, this specific vacancy is anticipated to work approximately 16 hours/week.
Click here for Frequently Asked Questions.
The County of El Dorado is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Many job classifications require pre-employment medical screening. Depending on the job classification, medical screening may include testing for drugs, including but not limited to marijuana; a positive test may result in revocation of an employment offer.
Not just rustic mining towns and historic sites - Today El Dorado County is a year-round vacation destination overflowing with outdoor adventure, inviting agritourism locations, enriching family activities, and a proud Gold Rush history.
Escape the traffic and smog because El Dorado County is just:
- 40 miles to Downtown Sacramento
- 50 miles to Sacramento International Airport
- 129 miles to San Francisco
Here area few of the many activities and events available throughout El Dorado County:
- Hiking, Camping, Fishing, Boating, and Watersports
- Skiing and Snowboarding
- Live Music and Music Festivals
- Local Craft Breweries and Wineries
- El Dorado County Fair
- Placerville Speedway Races
- Farm to Fork Restaurants
- Small Business Shops
CHECK OUT OUR VIDEO TO LEARN MORE!
Closing Date/Time: 7/25/2021 11:59 PM Pacific