Executive Administrative Assistant II*
The County is recruiting for Executive Administrative Assistants II* to perform a variety of duties in support of an agency director, County department head, or similar position. Responsibilities Include:
- Provide administrative support including file creation and maintenance of records; generate correspondence and reports; initiate office purchases such as training, classes, and supplies; and assist with travel and expense arrangements and reports.
- Create presentations, reports, and documents using desktop publishing software and digital graphics.
- Produce information by formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics.
- Facilitate day-to-day office activities including sorting mail, answering phones, making copies, greeting visitors, coordinating appointment needs, and maintaining staff calendars.
- Interpret County policies and procedures and have access to controversial and confidential matters.
- Welcome guests, customers, and officials by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or directing inquiries.
- Maintain customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Complete projects by assigning work to clerical staff; following up on results.
- Provide historical reference by developing and using filing and retrieval systems; recording meeting discussions.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
The list established from this recruitment will be used to fill the current vacancies and may be used to fill future vacancies throughout the County within the next 6 months as they occur.
*Official Job Title: Executive Secretary II
For more detailed information, refer to the Executive Secretary II job description.
We are also accepting applications for Executive Administrative Assistant I , which requires a separate application. Applicants are encouraged to apply for both levels, as appropriate. Remain current with employment opportunities by signing up for "New Job Notifications" at our career website: www.sbcounty.gov/jobs
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Background check: Applicants must pass a background investigation, which includes fingerprinting and physical exam, prior to appointment.
Work Environment: Incumbents must operate with a high level of confidentiality and discretion when performing job duties.
Applicants must meet both of the following requirements:
Experience: Applicant must possess two and one-half (2-1/2) years of full-time equivalent administrative secretarial experience in support of a specified executive level professional or administrative position(s) operating in a work environment that requires a high level of confidentiality and discretion, where duties included collecting and analyzing information, project management/support, composing and routing correspondence, maintaining files and records, and preparing agendas.
- AND -
Typing: Applicant must possess a minimum corrected typing/keyboarding speed of 50 WPM or higher.
IMPORTANT NOTE: General clerical experience (e.g., Office Assistant II, III, IV, Office Specialist) is not considered qualifying. Qualifying experience must be equivalent to the San Bernardino County Secretary I classification, and above, providing support to a specified executive level professional or administrative position(s) (e.g., Board Office, County Administrative Office, Chief Executive Officer, Agency Director, Department Head, Division Chief).
The ideal candidate will have knowledge of modern office practices, methods, and procedures including use of personal computers and appropriate software; business correspondence and formats; and highly developed decision making skills.
There will be an online assessment of knowledge and skills in the following areas:
- Business Correspondence
- Interpersonal Skills
Details of the online assessment process will be emailed once the recruitment has closed. All communications regarding the remainder of the selection process will be via email . Please be sure the email provided on this application is always current; it is your responsibility to update your personal information. Update your Spam, Junk, Bulk and Firewall settings as needed to ensure that you receive all information pertaining to this recruitment.
IMPORTANT: The ability to take pre-employment tests online is a privilege. Be aware that applicants may be required to take parallel versions of these tests in a proctored setting in order to confirm their identities as the original test takers.
Application Procedure : To be considered for this excellent opportunity, please complete and submit the online employment application and supplemental questionnaire by 5:00 PM, Friday, December 4, 2020 . Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of the application and/or supplemental questionnaire.
To ensure timely and successful submission of your online application, please allow ample time to complete and submit your application before the posted filing deadline. Applicants will be automatically logged-out if they have not submitted the application and all required materials prior to the posted deadline. Once your application has been successfully submitted you will receive an onscreen confirmation and an email. We recommend that you save and/or print these for your records. Please note, if you do not receive an onscreen confirmation and an email acknowledging our receipt of your application we have not received your application.
If you require technical assistance, please click HERE to review the Government Jobs online application guide , or contact their Toll-Free Applicant Support line at (855) 524-5627. Please note that Human Resources is not responsible for any issues or delays caused by the internet connection, computer or browser used to submit the application.
Please click HERE for important Applicant Information and the County Employment Process.
Closing Date/Time: 12/4/2020 5:00 PM Pacific