Executive Secretary I
EXECUTIVE SECRETARY I
Salary may be negotiable within the range listed above, based on position requirements and successful candidate's qualifications, subject to appropriate authorization.
Please Note: This recruitment will be closing on December 6th, 2022 at 11:59 P.M.
This recruitment is open to the public and will establish an Openeligible list. The list established will be used to fill a current Executive Secretary I position with the Department of Child Support Services. The eligible list established may also be used to fill positions throughout the County of Orange.
This is an at-will position. The appointed candidate will serve at the discretion of the Agency/Department Head and will be required to enter into an "at-will" agreement.
CHILD SUPPORT SERVICES (CSS)
Orange County Child Support Services (CSS) is an award-winning, forward-thinking agency of approximately 350 professionals, dedicated t o facilitate the financial support of children by engaging parents and providing professional child support services as a trusted partner of parents in securing financial stability for Orange County's children.
The core mission is assisting parents in establishing paternity, establishing financial and medical child support orders, and facilitating the payment of that support through various means, including court action. Under the direction of the Department Director, CSS delivers human services to the community based on a balanced approach emphasizing Customers, Staff, Business Efficiencies, and Performance. CSS also works in close partnership with the Orange County Superior Court, California Department of Child Support Services, and other local child support agencies throughout California.
Click here for more information on Child Support Services.
Responsibilities of the Executive Secretary I position include but are not limited to:
- Provide complex secretarial and administrative support for the Director of Child Support Services by performing a wide variety of responsible and confidential duties
- Maintain appointment schedules, daily calendars and make travel arrangements
- Coordinate various engagements, activities, and special events
- Respond to and route incoming calls as appropriate from the Board of Supervisors, the CEO, other County agencies, LCSA's including the Department of Child Support Services and members of the public
- Prepare clear, concise, comprehensive correspondences and reports
- Other duties as required
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS & CORE COMPETENCIES
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience in an executive administrative support role working in a complex organization supporting Executive Managers and multiple stakeholders.
In addition, the ideal candidate will possess extensive experience and/or knowledge in the following:
- Anticipating/forecasting the needs of an executive team
- Being highly organized, detail-oriented, flexible, and dependable
- Creating a structured filing system of data, emails and documents incorporating the organization's operational needs
- Multi-tasking and adapting to a fast-paced environment with a demanding, time-sensitive workload
- Maintaining composure and sensitivity when dealing with demanding or stressful encounters
- Communicating and interacting confidently with high-level executives, public officials, board members, and stakeholders
- Working independently to complete projects with minimal direction
- Demonstrating confidentiality when working with highly sensitive information
- Learning, interpreting, and applying administrative and departmental policies and procedures
- Proficiency in all MS Office Suite applications (Advanced Outlook, Word, Excel, Publisher, Project and PowerPoint)
- Other duties as assigned
Applicants should possess the following:
- Thorough Knowledge of:
- Correct English usage, spelling, vocabulary, and punctuation
- Functions and basic office services operations of an administrative office
- Plan, organize, and complete work rapidly and efficiently despite frequent interruptions and/or distractions
- Learn, interpret, and apply administrative and departmental policies, laws and rules with particular reference to the activities of the office, department or agency where the position is assigned
- Type technical reports and documents; compose correspondence independently based on policy and guidelines
- Take and transcribe notes for long periods of time or when numerous people are speaking, such as at meetings or conferences
- Deal with individuals in situations requiring tact, diplomacy, and poise
- Schedule meetings and conferences coordinating with all parties, and make travel arrangements
This is an "at-will" position. A newly hired candidate appointed to this position will serve at the discretion of the Department Head and can be terminated at any time. In such an event, the candidate has no right to any appeal or grievance procedure under any rule or regulation of the County or State.
A current County employee appointed to this position may be removed from the position at any time and shall have no right of appeal or grievance procedure under any rules or regulations of the County or the State. However, the employee shall have the right to return to a position in a former class in which they held status. This is in accordance with the Office Services MOU Article III, Section 10, D.
Human Resource Services (HRS) screens all application materials for minimum and/or desirable qualifications. After screening, applicants who meet the minimum and/or desirable qualifications will be referred to the next step in the recruitment process. All applicants will be notified via email of their status in the process.
Application Appraisal Panel (AAP) | Application Review (Weighted 100%)
An Appraisal Panel (AAP) of job knowledge experts will thoroughly screen and evaluate the application, supplemental questionnaire, and resumes for job knowledge, competencies, and related experience described above.
Based on the Department's needs, the selection procedures above may be modified. Candidates will be notified of any changes in the selection procedures.
Once the assessment has been completed, HRS will establish an eligible list of candidates. Candidates placed on the eligible list may be referred to a selection interview to be considered for present and future vacancies.
Veterans Employment Preference Policy (VEPP)
The County is committed to providing a mechanism to give preferential consideration in the employment process to veterans and their eligible spouses and will provide eligible participants the opportunity to receive interviews in the selection process for employment and paid internship openings. Please click here (Download PDF reader) to review the policy.
Please see below for important information regarding COVID-19 related requirements:
The COVID-19 pandemic continues to evolve, and laws, regulations, and policies regarding COVID-19 are subject to change. The County of Orange is required to comply with all applicable State or County Public Health Orders, some of which require vaccination or testing as follows:
- Workers, who provide services in certain Health Care Facilities or in a correctional facility or detention center where health care is provided, will be required to provide proof that they are fully vaccinated and boosted in accordance with applicable state orders . (Workers may be exempt from this requirement based on religious beliefs or a qualifying medical reason)
- In addition, depending on assignment and COVID-19 Community Level, workers in certain high-risk settings may be required to wear masks regardless of vaccination status.
The position for which you are applying may be required to adhere to any applicable State or County Public Health Orders. You will receive notification of any requirement as it applies to a position.
EMAIL NOTIFICATION : Email is the primary form of notification during the recruitment process. Please ensure your correct email address is included in our application and use only one email account.
NOTE: User accounts are established for one person only and should not be shared with another person. Multiple applications with multiple users may jeopardize your status in the recruitment process for any positions for which you apply.
Candidates will be notified regarding their status as the recruitment proceeds via email through the GovernmentJobs.com site. Please check your email folders, including spam/junk folders, and/or accept emails ending with "governmentjobs.com" and "ocgov.com." If your email address should change, please update your profile at http://www.governmentjobs.com
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS: Click here for additional Frequently Asked Questions.
For specific information pertaining to this recruitment, please contact Candace Jones at (714) 347-8302 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Orange County, as an equal employment opportunity employer,
encourages applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
Closing Date/Time: 12/6/2022 11:59 PM Pacific