Irvine, CA/ Architecture - All Studios /
LPA is seeking a passionate Laboratory Planner with relevant experience in laboratory programming, planning and design to join our integrated team of architects, engineers, interior designers, landscape architects and master planners. As a participant in our uniquely collaborative design process, you will work hand in hand with colleagues across disciplines on a wide variety of innovative, sustainable projects. Our award-winning projects aim to have a positive and enduring environmental, economic and social impact.
Lab Planner Experience:
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Architecture required
- 10+ years of experience in all phases of architectural projects, 5+ years of lab planning experience
Lab Planner Requirements:
- A diverse design and technical portfolio, focused in the institutional and corporate R&D market sectors; with emphasis on pharmaceutical, biotechnological, biomedical design and strong working knowledge of vivaria and clean room functional criteria.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills: focused, articulate and motivated
- Architectural license required; LEED AP preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Project and Excel is required. Good knowledge of CAD, Revit, SketchUp and Adobe Creative Suite is preferred.
- Strong background in designing and planning of medium to large-sized projects focused on Corporate and Higher Education market sectors
- Enthusiastic commitment to the multidisciplinary design process and team environment
- Ability to inspire collaboration between client and projects teams as the single point of contact
Lab Planner Responsibilities:
- Design of creative spaces, that define and shape the principles of innovative laboratory design
- Be an essential part of a project team working on all phases of a design project from Programming and Schematic Design through Construction Administration in Academic and Corporate Science & Technology sector.
- Lead laboratory programming assignments.
- Provide subject matter expertise and leadership for laboratory facilities in the areas of programming, design, fit-out planning, equipment planning, MEP systems integration planning, casework specification and construction administration
- Collaborate throughout the design process in developing high performance design strategies associated with the lab planning and building infrastructure approach.
- Contribute to firm-wide initiatives in advancing our Science & Technology project design, operations, and business development.
- Develop Lab Planning content for internal and external thought leadership presentations and publications.
- Lead small to large scale project teams or collaborate on projects as Lab Planner responsible for technical execution and discipline coordination on Lab areas of the project.
- Collaborate with teams across multiple LPA design Studios in providing expertise firmwide.
- Experience to include working directly with clients: their senior management representatives, scientists, laboratory managers and technicians, facilities and project managers, and other project stakeholders in determining and documenting programmatic requirement
- Mentor emerging team members
LPA is an integrated design firm with offices in California and Texas. We specialize in creating innovative, sustainable environments that work better, do more with less and improve people's lives. We provide a vibrant and rewarding work environment-one that values and fosters creativity, collaboration, critical thinking, community engagement and ongoing career development and growth. LPA is also committed to diversity, wellness and work-life balance. LPA offers competitive salaries and generous benefits, including health and dental insurance, retirement and financial, wellness and other work/life plans.
NOTICE TO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES AND RECRUITERS:
Please note that LPA does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed contract, LPA will not agree to pay any recruiter fee. In the situation an agency or recruiter submits a candidate or resume without a previously signed agreement and/or without LPA's request , LPA explicitly reserves the right to hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of LPA.