Lecturer – Survey of Calculus (MATH 132) (514185)
MATH 132: Survey of Calculus
- Position: Lecturer
- Semester: Fall 2022 (In-person)
- College: CSTEM - College of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics
- Department: Mathematics
The Department of Mathematics at California State University San Marcos seeks a part-time lecturer for Fall 2022 to teach Math 132 Survey of Calculus. The catalog description is: Basic calculus concepts with applications to business, economics, and the social sciences. Differential calculus for algebraic, exponential and logarithmic functions; optimization, linearization, and other applications of derivatives; introduction to integral calculus. Includes use of graphing calculators.
- A Master's degree in Mathematics or similar field (if applicant does not have a Master's Degree, then a Ph.D. shall be required).
- Per the California State University's Out-of-State Employment Policy, the CSU is prohibited from hiring employees to perform CSU-related work outside California. Working in the State of California is a condition of employment
- Preference will be given to applicants with demonstrated commitment to diversity, inclusivity, and/or intercultural competence with diverse groups in relation to teaching.
Salary commensurate with degree level and experience
To apply, please prepare to submit the following:
- Your completed faculty application
- Curriculum Vitae (uploaded)
- Contact information for three current references
- Letter of interest (uploaded)
- Diversity Statement that addresses how the applicant engages a diverse population in their teaching (<=1 page uploaded)
Timeline: A review of applications will begin on May 28, 2022; however, the position will remain open until filled.
The University is particularly interested in candidates who have experience working with students from diverse backgrounds and a demonstrated commitment to improving access to higher education for under-represented groups.
CSUSM has been designated as a Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI) and was named one of the top 32 Colleges most friendly to junior faculty by the Collaborative on Academic Careers in Higher Education. Visit Faculty Opportunities for more information.
California State University San Marcos is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer that is strongly committed to promoting diversity in all areas of the campus community. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, physical or mental disability, gender or sex, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, nationality, race or ethnicity, religion or religious creed, sexual orientation, and veteran or military status.
Per the California State University's Out-of-State Employment Policy, the CSU is prohibited from hiring employees to perform CSU-related work outside California. Working in the State of California is a condition of employment
This position is subject to employment verification, education verification, reference checks and criminal record checks. An offer of appointment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check, including a criminal records check, and may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information.
The person holding this position is considered a mandated reporter under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in in CSU Executive Order 1083 Revised December 22, 2020 as a condition of employment. An offer of employment is contingent upon execution of an Acknowledgement of Mandated Reporter Status and Legal Duty to Report Child Abuse and Neglect form. Signing the form is a prerequisite to employment and failure to sign will result in any offer of employment being withdrawn.
CSU requires faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or declare a medical or religious exemption from doing so. Any candidates advanced in a currently open search process should be prepared to comply with this requirement. The systemwide policy, can be found at CSU Covid Policy. Questions should be sent to the Office of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing Date/Time: Open until filled