Marketing Outreach Intern
The San Mateo County Transit District serves nearly 100,000 customers each weekday on its SamTrans buses, Redi-Wheel paratransit vehicles, Caltrain commuter rail cars and shuttles, as well as a robust capital program. Located in the heart of the San Francisco Bay Area, we are the managing agency for the San Mateo County Transportation Authority. Staff enjoys a dynamic organization that fosters personal development and professional advancement of its staff. The District's core values include transparency, excellence, empathy, and accountability.
Communications( Marketing & Research Development)
Applications will be accepted until 11:59 pm on Friday, April 24, 2020.
INTERNSHIP PROGRAM MISSION :
The Internship Program gives students the opportunity to apply the skills that they have learned in the classroom. In addition, the program gives students the opportunity to consider a career in the transit industry. The interns will gain invaluable experience by partnering and learning from our team of professionals.
The Market Outreach intern will organize outreach events, research and draft documents, work with stakeholders and assist with identifying community concerns/issues.
- Must be currently enrolled as a Junior or Senior undergraduate majoring in either Communications, Journalism, or Marketing.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills required to interact with the general public.
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects, organize priorities and manage flexible schedule.
- Must be proficient in MS Words.
- Must possess effective written and oral communication skills.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
- Assist with organizing marketing outreach events and participate in outreach activities.
- Attendance in events associated with promotions and planning efforts requires working some weekends.
- Reseach and draft marketing materials; update website, social media, email and newsletter.
- Plan, coordinate adn staff a wide range of community meetings and events.
- Perform all job duties and responsibilities in a safe manner to protect one's self, fellow employees and the public from injury or harm. Promote safety awareness and follow safety procedures in an effort to reduce or eliminate accidents.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
How To Apply
Although we encourage applicants to apply online, we are still accepting paper applications.
- Apply online or complete a SamTrans Employment Application per instructions printed on the application.
- When completing the online application, please follow instructions on the Prospective Employee Reference Guide found at www.smctd.com/jobs.html . When completing the paper application, please specify the position for which the application is being submitted.
- Incomplete or improperly completed online or paper applications may be rejected even if you are qualified for the position for which you are applying. It is your responsibility to ensure that the online or paper application reflects the work experience and education needed to meet the requirements for the position(s) for which you are applying.
- Your completed application package must be received by the District's Human Resources Department by the specified deadline to receive consideration. Paper applications must be received by the Human Resources Department by 4:30 pm on the application deadline date. Online applications must be submitted prior to midnight on the application deadline date.
SELECTION PROCESS MAY INCLUDE:
Applications will be screened for completeness and minimum qualifications. Finalists will be interviewed by an election panel. Selected candidates will be subject to background investigation.
$20.00 per hour. (400 hours maximum)
CURRENT EMPLOYMENT BENEFITS
Free transportation on SamTrans buses. Incentives are offered for riding other forms of public transit and for carpooling to and from work.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Human Resources Department will make reasonable efforts in the recruitment/examination process to accommodate applicants with disabilities upon request. If you have a need for accommodation, please call (650)508-6308.
The District is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities, women, persons with disabilities, veterans and disabled veterans are encouraged to apply.