OFFICE COORDINATOR (Administrative Support Coordinator I) (VA1473)
OFFICE COORDINATOR (Administrative Support Coordinator I)
Recruitment Number VA1473
Posting Period 09/03/21 - 09/24/21
On Campus Only Promotional Opportunity No
Working Title OFFICE COORDINATOR (Administrative Support Coordinator I)
Class Title ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT COORDINATOR -12 MONTH
Salary Range (From $ to $) $3,064 - $5,148 per month / $36,768 - $61,776 annually (New employees should anticipate being hired at the beginning of the salary range)
Department Student Life and Leadership
Number of Positions 1
FLSA Code Non-Exempt
Status Regular: Permanent (after one-year probationary period)
Full-time/part-time (if part-time, indicate time base) Full-time
Pay Plan 12/12
CBU/MOU R07 - CSUEU Clerical & Administrative Support Services
Quick Link https://jobs.csuchico.edu/postings/6711
Hours Per Day 8 hours during the school year / 10 hours during the summer
Days Per Week 5 days during the school year / 4 days during the summer
Primary Duties Working independently under general supervision of the Director, this position has direct responsibility for supporting, contributing to, coordinating, and/or leading general clerical, secretarial, and administrative support work. Covers the general day-to-day operations for the Student and Leadership Office which includes: SLL Office, Student Organizations and Leadership Education program, Fraternity and Sorority Affairs program, Wildcat Welcome program, and some assistance as needed to Orientation and New Student Programs. Includes management of the SLL suite as well as oversight and operation of the front desk. Duties are performed with independence and responsibility for interpretation and implementation of the unit's policies, procedures, and guidelines. Independent judgment in determining whether an activity or issue is within the campus and University policies, procedures, and guidelines is necessary. The incumbent is often evaluated on the end results of his/her work assignments and the assignments of others.
For a full description of job duties, please visit: https://csuchico.box.com/v/VA1473-Position-Description
Effective September 30, 2021, the CSU will require faculty, staff, and students who are accessing campus facilities to be immunized against COVID-19 or have received a medical or religious exemption. Selected candidates should be prepared to comply with this requirement. The systemwide policy can be found at https://calstate.policystat.com/policy/9779821/latest/. Questions can be sent to: email@example.com (staff and management positions) or firstname.lastname@example.org (faculty positions).
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities KNOWLEDGE:
Incumbent must possess:
Thorough knowledge of:
• Office systems, methods, standard procedures and practices.
• English grammar, punctuation, and spelling.
• Fluency in using standard office equipment (computers, copiers, phones) and standard office software packages such as, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and Outlook) and ability to use a broad range of technology systems and software.
Working knowledge of:
• Budget policies and procedures.
• Records retention practices and policies.
Knowledge of business mathematics beyond basic arithmetic.
Incumbent must possess:
• Active problem solving and effective interpersonal skills as work often involves frontline contact with a variety of campus and community individuals to perform services and support functions that require a professional demeanor at all times.
• Demonstrated competence in understanding, interpreting, and communicating procedures, policies, information, ideas, and instructions.
• Demonstrated competence in effectively presenting standard information in writing.
• Typing and keyboarding skills.
Must have the ability to:
• Independently handle multiple work unit priorities and projects
• Effectively handle a broad range of diverse interpersonal contacts, including those at a high level and those sensitive in nature.
• Perform standard business math, such as calculate ratios and percentages, track financial data, and make simple projections.
• Draft, compose and appropriately format correspondence and reports.
• Use and quickly learn standard office equipment, a broad range of technology systems and standard computer software packages (i.e., Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook).
• Clearly communicate orally and in writing.
• Learn, independently interpret, and apply a wide variety of complex policies and procedures, where specific guidelines may not exist.
• Understand and operate in a variety of organizational structures.
• Identify and solve standard problems where policy and procedures are referenced and refer more complex problems to appropriate staff.
• Apply independent judgment, discretion, and initiative to address problems, participate in developing practical, thorough and, at times, creative solutions.
• Respond to routine inquiries and explain standard policies and procedures to others.
• Organize and direct workflow for the smooth and effective operation of the work unit.
• Compile and assemble reports, using judgment and discretion in selecting and analyzing information for inclusion, and effectively present the information.
• Troubleshoot technology problems using knowledge of error messages and of operating systems.
• Perform assigned duties.
Required Education and/or Experience This position requires a fully functional knowledge of and skill in standard office procedures and practices, as well as an ability to understand and operate in a variety of organizational structures. These qualifications, and those listed above, would normally be obtained through completion of either at minimum a high-school diploma combined with three years of related work experience.
Additional Requirements for this Position N/A
Recruitment Preferences Preference may be given to applicants with the following as they may be considered specialized skills:
• Experience working in higher education environments and familiarity of Student Affairs.
• Experience with handling complex, confidential and sensitive issues.
Special Requirements • California State University, Chico, in accordance with CSU policy, requires that the successful candidate complete a background check (including a criminal records check, sexual offender registry check, and/or fingerprinting) prior to assuming this position. Failure to satisfactorily complete or pass the background check may impact the job offer or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for posted positions identified as sensitive. This position is considered a sensitive position based on CSU guidelines. Incumbent is responsible for the safety and security of Level 1 data, sometimes also referred to as Level 1 protected data. This is confidential information that is in most cases protected by statutes, regulations, or other legal mandates.
• The duties of this position will include participation in a decision that may have a material/financial benefit to the incumbent. Therefore, this is a "designated position" under the California State University's Conflict of Interest Code and the incumbent will be required to file a Form 700: Statement of Economic Interest and is subject to the regulations of the Fair Political Practices Commission. (Group/Category: Procurement Card Holder, 2) Note this designation is applicable only if Procurement Card is issued.
Incumbent/applicant will need to be able to perform the essential job functions (duties) of this position with or without reasonable accommodation. This position alternates between remaining in a stationary position operating a personal computer for long periods of time and frequently moving about inside the office. May need to travel across campus to other offices and buildings for meetings and events.
Work is performed in a typical office environment operating standard office equipment.
Benefits This position qualifies for benefits including tuition fee waiver (if eligible).
Benefit Information CSU, Chico offers a number of benefits to its employees (e.g., sick leave, vacation, health insurance). Eligibility for standard CSU benefits is based on an appointment of half-time or more for a period exceeding six months. Employees appointed less than half-time or less than six months are not eligible for standard CSU benefits but do receive prorated sick leave and vacation.
Eligibility for Affordable Care Act (ACA) benefits is based on an appointment of at least three-quarter time, hired to work a minimum of 130 hours per month over the course of the appointment or works an average of 130 hours or more per month during the measurement period. The ACA guidelines provide for health coverage or FlexCash only. ACA does not provide dental or vision plan coverage.
About the University and Community California State University (CSU), Chico is a comprehensive and residential public University, holding Hispanic-Serving Institution (HSI) designation and operating as part of the 23-campus CSU system. The University enrolls over 17,000 students from diverse cultural, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds, with over half identifying as first-generation college students. Graduate and undergraduate programs boast high-quality research experiences, exceptional faculty mentoring, and civic and global engagement opportunities. The campus motto, "Today Decides Tomorrow," is brought to life by inclusive pedagogy, experiential learning, and co-curricular programming. The Chico Experience prepares students to be critical thinkers, engaged citizens, and inspired stewards of environmental, social, and economic resources. Together, they will become leaders solving the challenges of the 21st century.
The campus is located in Northern California, 90 minutes from the state capital, Sacramento, and a three-hour drive from San Francisco Bay Area. A safe residential community, Chico offers year-round natural beauty, outdoor leisure activities, and a thriving arts, music, and events scene. We acknowledge and are mindful that CSU, Chico stands on lands that were originally occupied by the first people of this area, the Mechoopda, and we recognize their distinctive spiritual relationship with this land and the waters that run through campus.
CSU, Chico is committed to recruiting outstanding candidates who reflect the diverse, intercultural, and intersectional identities of our student body. The ideal candidate will embrace our values predicated on the primacy of student success and the elimination of achievement gaps, have demonstrated experience working with diverse populations, and will contribute to policies, programs, and activities that support an inclusive, accessible, and equitable learning and working environment.
The University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, color, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, National origin, sex, sexual orientation, covered veteran status, or any other protected status.
Open Date (posting open date) 09/03/2021
Close Date (posting close date) 09/24/2021
Open Until Filled No
Closing Date/Time: September 24, 2021