Process Development Senior Associate
Job ID: R-108318
Location: Thousand Oaks, CA, US
HOW MIGHT YOU DEFY IMAGINATION?
You've earned your degree. How will you use that achievement to reach your goals? Do more with the knowledge you've worked hard to acquire and the passion you already have. At Amgen, our shared mission-to serve patients-drives all that we do. It is key to our becoming one of the world's leading biotechnology companies, reaching over 10 million patients worldwide. Become the professional you are meant to be in this meaningful role.
Process Development Senior Associate
What you will do
Let's do this. Let's change the world. In this vital role you will the scientist will serve as member of Drug Product development teams, providing hands-on formulation and process expertise during the development of clinical and commercial formulations for solid oral dosage forms. The individual will interface within the DPT department (ie. Preformulation, Solid State Sciences, etc.) and with external functions, such as Drug Substance Technologies, Attribute Sciences, Quality Assurance, Supply Chain, Contract Manufacturing, etc.
The Associate will design and execute formulation experiments, organize and analyze results with minimal supervision as well as communicate and present in team meetings. The experimental results will lead to the best possible formulation and processes.
What we expect of you
We are all different, yet we all use our unique contributions to serve patients. The scientific professional we seek is a collaborative and curious professional with these qualifications.
- BS and or MS in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Material Sciences, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, or other relevant field with demonstrated ability in pharmaceutical industry with emphasis on oral solid dosage forms is required (small molecules.)
- In depth understanding of typical unit operations for the manufacture of oral solid dosage forms (i.e. granulation, roller compaction, drying, milling, blending, compression, film coating, etc.) is encouraged.
- High level of proficiency on Roller Compaction using equipment with different configurations is major plus.
- Experience in optimization and scale-up studies using QbD principles is also encouraged.
- Experience interacting with Contract Research/Manufacturing Organizations is desirable.
- Experience on unique technologies (e.g., spray drying, hot melt extrusion, controlled release formulations, etc.) is preferred.
- Other preferred experiences are non-solid dosage forms and design of experiments.
- Interpersonal and communication skills that enable effective management and resolution of complex project-related issues involving collaborations with multiple functional areas is a must.
Bachelor's degree & 2 years of scientific experience
Associate's degree & 6 years of scientific experience
High school diploma / GED and 8 years of scientific experience
Some of the vast rewards of working here
As we work to develop treatments that take care of others, so we work to care for our teammates' professional and personal growth and well-being.
- Full support and career-development resources to expand your skills, enhance your expertise, and maximize your potential along your career journey
- A diverse and inclusive community of belonging, where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and act
- Generous Total Rewards Plan-comprising health, finance and wealth, work/life balance, and career benefits-with compensation and benefits rated above 4 stars (out of 5) on Glassdoor
for a career that defies imagination
Objects in your future are closer than they appear. Join us.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided a reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
If you're seeking a career where you can truly make a difference in the lives of others, a career where you can work at the absolute forefront of biotechnology with the top minds in the field, you'll find it at Amgen.
Amgen, a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. Our medicines have helped millions of patients in the fight against cancer, kidney disease, rheumatoid arthritis and other serious illnesses.
As an organization dedicated to improving the quality of life for people around the world, Amgen fosters an inclusive environment of diverse, ethical, committed and highly accomplished people who respect each other but compete intensely to win. Together, we live the Amgen values as we continue advancing science to serve patients.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.