PROGRAM ADMINISTRATOR (Fleet Supervisor)
Equipment Management Unit (Position Code 0878)
A 2.5% supervising differential will apply
Are you looking to make a difference in your community by ensuring that over 1.9 million people are provided a reliable, clean, and environmentally sustainable water supply?Valley Water is hiring for a Supervising Program Administrator in the Equipment Management Unit and they will report to the Facilities Manager in the General Services division. The Fleet Supervising Program Administrator coordinates the organization, staffing and operational activities for the maintenance and repair of Valley Water vehicles and equipment and maintains inventory of vehicles and equipment. The Fleet Supervising Program Administrator will participate in the development and implementation of goals, objectives, policies, and priorities for the department while supervising and managing the fleet management staff and professional service contracts. In addition, they are responsible for the information system for internal auditing , develop long term strategies, funding, and procurement of replacement fleet vehicles and equipment and creating and updating fleet policy and procedures, to include vehicle assignment, personal use, replacement policy, accident reporting process, and all other applicable procedures.
Key Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supervise, plan, organize and manage the centralized fleet management program including sedans, trucks, heavy equipment, miscellaneous rolling stock and other equipment.
- Supervise and manage the fleet management staff and professional service contracts.
- Work with capital budget units to develop long term strategies.
- Create/update fleet policy and procedures to include vehicle assignment, personal use, replacement policy, accident reporting process, and all other applicable procedures.
- Supervise information system for internal auditing for billing, fueling, and preventative maintenance management system.
Ideal Candidate's Background Includes:
Applicants whose experience and background best match the ideal experience, knowledge, skills, abilities, and education are considered ideal candidates for the position. To determine the top candidates, each applicant will be assessed based on the ideal candidate criteria listed below.
- 6 years of experience in fleet management including one-year experience planning, organizing, coordinating, and directing various projects or programs within fleet management.
- Experience leading and supervising professional staff.
Ideal Skills and Abilities:
- To provide excellent customer service skills through all levels of organization.
- To evaluate vehicles and equipment to determine the extent, cost and priority of repairs, and schedules repairs according to established procedures.
- Development and implementation goals, objectives, policies, and priorities for the department and identifies opportunities for improving service delivery methods and procedures.
- Principles of organization, administration, budget, and personnel management.
- Ensures compliance with established local, State and Federal rules and regulations.
- Preparation and administration of the unit budget; submits budget recommendations and monitors expenditures.
Ideal Training and Education:
Equivalent to a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in a related field.
Required License or Certificate
Possession of, or ability to obtain, an appropriate, valid California driver's license. Individuals who do not meet the driver's license requirement due to a disability will be considered for a reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
To review the Classification Specification, please click here
(1) The selection process may include one or more of the following:application review, application assessment, performance exercise, written exercise and/or interview.
(2) The Employment Application, Qualifying Information Questions and/or Supplemental Questions will be evaluated based on the ideal candidate criteria listed above.Resumes are highly recommended.
NOTE:Position and start date is subject to availability of funds. Valley Water retains the right to repost this position as deemed necessary.
Consideration may be given to existing applicant pools within the same classification.
Valley Water's Equal Opportunity Non-Discrimination Policy is available for review upon request.
Valley Water will make reasonable efforts in the examination process to accommodate persons with disabilities.Please advise the Office of Talent and Inclusion in advance of any special needs by calling 1-408-630-2260.
Please be aware that once submitted all application materials become the property of Valley Water and will not be returned.The Office of Talent and Inclusion staff are not authorized to make copies of application materials for applicants.
Closing Date/Time: 10/11/2020 11:59 PM Pacific