Are you looking for a role where you play a key part to ensure products comply with corporate and industry-leading ingredient and certification policies? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment as a key member supporting innovation across a variety of product categories? Consider joining our R&D Team as an R&D Specialist who will work to support the documentation of all our categories: Nutrition, Skincare, Cosmetics, Personal Care and Hair products.
The R&D Specialist will act as support for the gathering, tracking and review of raw material and finished goods documentation for all Arbonne products ensuring documents are collected on time, correctly represent the formula, and are accurately uploaded into the global ingredient review system. This role will play a key part in ensuring that updated and new products comply with corporate policies, ingredient polices and other pertinent requirements via an in-depth understanding of all materials that compromise each formula. This role will also help ensure all Arbonne products are current on relevant and required raw material and finished good documentation, , , act as a point of contact between ingredient suppliers and third party manufacturers as needed, and collaborate with companywide team members to ensure R&D documentation is accurate, up-to-date, and organized using organizational systems.
- Support the development of new products and reformulation via document receipt, loading, tracking, verification, and maintenance with the document management system (Ithos Information Network) for all Arbonne products.
- Support verification that all documents received from third party manufacturers and raw material suppliers are accurate, appropriate, credible, legitimate and in compliance with Arbonne policy requirements.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams as needed, including Regulatory, Quality, and Procurement to support acquisition of required documentation to support R&D documentation needs..
- Assess new and alternative raw materials and their compliance to Arbonne ingredient policy, current and upcoming certification requirements, and Arbonne mission and values.
- Support Arbonne R&D, Quality and Procurement departments as needed when establishing new raw material vendor qualification via documentation review.
- Responsible for assessment of new ingredient compliance to Arbonne ingredient policy and required third party certifications
- Responsible for accurate organizing and management of ingredient information utilizing internal document management systems.
- Support orderly storage and organization of all documentation in compliance with internal procedures and cGMP regulations, working closely with Arbonne Quality department.
- Support R&D team in the maintenance of product dossiers.
- Ensure that documents submitted to cross-functional team members are validated and reviewed/approved in a timely manner.
- Assist with SOP development.
- Keep abreast of industry issues and trends around ingredient issues and documentation management trend areas.
- Additional duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree ideally in Chemistry, Nutrition or the Physical sciences highly desired.
- 2+ years' experience,
- Experience in technical understanding of documentation related to food, dietary supplement, skincare, cosmetics, personal or hair care experience or multiple categories (Skincare, Cosmetics, Personal Care or Hair)
- Experience with document management systems.
- Experience in cGMP regulated environment and Standard Operations Procedures preferred but not required.
- Exceptional organizational skills with experience in document receipt and control.
- Proficiency with electronic file systems and the use of MS Office programs.
- Must be able to research, interpret and report on subject matter to both a technical and non-technical audience.
- Must be a self-starter with a high level of initiative
- Detail-oriented and ability to manage and organize numerous projects
- Commitment to model and live out our Core Values (Accountability, Community, Innovation and Courage) and a positive mindset are critical for success and should reflect in everything you do.
Arbonne International is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin/ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military/veteran status, marital status, disability status or any other basis prohibited by law. At Arbonne International it's about each person bringing passion and skills to a dynamic and inclusive workplace!