Senior Business Systems Analyst
Under general supervision, to ensure the organization's technological needs are met by analyzing and documenting business processes and providing related application configuration and support.
EXAMINATION DATES: Candidates who meet the employment standards will be invited to take a written examination that will be conducted online through a secure third party.
The exam window is tentatively scheduled for July 1-11, 2023 . Qualifying candidates will be notified with examination instructions via the email address attached to their application.
COVID-19 Risk Tier - Low Risk
- Keeps current on new features and functionality to create recommendations for process improvements, best practices and utilization of the systems;
- Conducts research to determine if solutions to business requirements currently exist within the organization and if not, whether new solutions are feasible;
- Considers the impact to current and future business environments and processes, assessing upstream & downstream effect of system and reporting changes;
- Coordinates and participates in the evaluation of new module releases;
- Interacts with others to identify, prioritize, and recommend alternate solutions and risk mitigation strategies;
- Leads complex assignments involving software development life cycle, project planning, upgrade, build, optimization, resource allocation and implementation;
- Leads the evaluation of new software and upgrades for complex solutions;
- Manages technical changes, verifying testing results, and adhering to technical and business standards compliance;
- Performs and/or coordinates complex assignments involving project planning, analysis, testing, monitoring, reporting, optimization and implementation;
- Serves as escalation for troubleshooting application issues and system errors, and escalates to vendor as required;
- Gathers functional and business requirements and collaborates with other IT staff and/or vendors to produce the desired output;
- Leads, coordinates and participates in application upgrades and changes;
- Documents functions and changes to new or modified functionality;
- Participates in change processes and prioritization; implements approved system enhancements, releases and optimizations;
- Provides information and support to Instructional Designers to facilitate end user training;
- Provides input to the development of formal business cases when new or enhanced business solutions are proposed;
- Provides updates on fixes to known issues and planned updates and upgrades;
- Troubleshoots application issues and system error and escalates to Tier 3 or vendor as required;
- Work with the business to develop detailed user acceptance test cases and flows; including devising test plans, creating test cases, establishing protocols and appropriate testing environments and coordinating testing;
- Attends meetings to review end user and tracking and trending issues, workflow problems, system capabilities, monitoring feedback, and potential system enhancement needs;
- Evaluates new module releases;
- May be assigned as a Disaster Service Worker, as required;
- Performs other related duties as required.
Sufficient education, training, and experience to demonstrate the possession and direct application of the following knowledge and abilities:
Training and Experience Note:
Possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business, or related field,
Six (6) years of experience providing technical and/or analytical support in the functional area(s) being supported, three (3) years of which is at the level comparable to the County's Business System Analyst;
Training and experience equivalent to the possession of a Bachelor's degree. Relevant analytical, administrative, lead, supervisory or management experience that includes interpreting rules and regulations, gathering data and formulating recommendations, and report writing can substitute for education on a year-for-year basis;
Eight (8) years of experience providing technical and/or analytical support in the functional area(s) being supported, three (3) years of which is at the level comparable to the County's Business System Analyst classification.
- Ability to travel to alternate locations in the course of work. If driving, possession of a valid California Driver's License prior to appointment and the ability to qualify for and maintain a County driver authorization.
- Depending on the position, related certifications may be required or desirable.
- Principles of technical leadership;
- Business process design and workflow;
- Testing methodology and validation;
- Various information technology platforms and operating systems;
- Design, implementation, testing, updating, maintenance, evaluation, and analysis of system configuration, system setup, and application data;
- Wide range of application functionality, content, and associated workflows;
- Customer service principles;
- Policies, procedures, and business operations related to the functions being supported.
- Provide technical guidance and lead others;
- Promote and maintain a team environment;
- Troubleshoot problems, identify root causes, and evaluate alternative solutions;
- Test and validate business analysis findings and recommendations;
- Apply business analysis principles and practices;
- Utilize a variety of information technology platforms and operating systems;
- Design business processes;
- Document business processes and models;
- Analyze business requirements and identify possible solutions;
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing;
- Produce reports, documentation, research for the purpose of addressing customer needs;
- Engage with stakeholders and understand and respond to their needs in rapidly changing environments;
- Maintain effective customer relationships.
Benefit and Retirement information may vary from bargaining unit to bargaining unit.Due to changes in State Law, current pension provisions described in the union contracts are not automatically applied. Specific pension benefits for new hires who start on or after January 1, 2013 may be different than indicated in the union contracts.
Click hereto access all Memoranda of Understanding and most recent Summary of Changes.
Closing Date/Time: 6/12/2023 11:59 PM Pacific