Sheriff’s Aviation Mechanic
TheSheriff's Departmentis recruiting forAviation Mechanicswho perform skilled airframe and powerplant maintenance, repairs and modifications on fixed-wing and rotary-wing aircraft, participate in flight checks, ensure air worthiness, and maintain records, reports, and logs.
For more detailed information, view the Sheriff's Aviation Mechanic job description.
Inspection LicenseDifferential - $1.50/hourfor hours worked for employeeswho possess a valid Federal Aviation Inspection License.
Annual ToolAllowance - $600
Annual Boot Allowance - $125
On-Call Compensation As Needed - $3.25/hour
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
1) Background: Prior to appointment, applicants will be fingerprinted and must pass an extensivebackground investigation, including a polygraph examination. Applicantsmust not have been convicted of a felony.
2) Shift: Applicants must be available forallshifts; incumbents will be required to work rotating shifts, or be on call for work, on weekends, holidays, and evenings, including mandatory overtime; refusal of assigned shift may result in removal from the list or termination.
3) License:A valid California Class C Driver License is required at time of appointment. Employees in this class may be required to use personal vehicles and show proof of automobile liability insurance.
4)License:Employees will be required to obtain a California Class B Driver License withHAZMATand Air Brake endorsements within 12 months of hire.
5) Physical:Requires the following physical demands: frequently stoop, bend, crawl, and work on knees for up to thirty (30) minutes; frequently climb and work on ladders for as long as thirty (30)minutes; occasionally lift and/or move parts weighing up to fifty (50) pounds.
6) Tools:Aviation Mechanics must provide their own set of basic hand tools at the time of appointment; current annual tool allowance is $600.
Experience: Three (3) years of recent (within the last five (5)years)aviation maintenance and repair experience for helicopters or forfixed wing turbo or turbine engine aircraft with pressurized cabins.
-- AND --
License/Certificate: Must possess a current FAA Airframe and Powerplant license; indicate certificate number and expiration date on application under "Certificates and Licenses" and attach a copy of the certificate to the application .
An excellent candidate for this position will possess experience in the maintenance and repair of Bell 212 and UH-1H, Airbus H125 helicopters, as well as experience with fixed-wing, light single and twin-engine airplanes; factory trained experience is preferred. In addition, the ideal candidate will possess his/her own tools and be willing to work overtime, weekends, and holidays.
Examination :There will be acompetitive evaluationof qualifications based on a review of the Application and Supplemental Questionnaire. It is to your advantage to provide as much relevant and detailed work experience as possible, as resumes will not be reviewed in lieu of the application materials.
Application Procedure :Applications will be accepted continuously and reviewed bi-weekly. Interested applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as possible as this recruitment may close at any time. Resumes will not be accepted in lieu of the application and/or supplemental questionnaire.
To ensure timely andsuccessfulsubmission of your onlineapplication, please allow ample time to complete and submit your application. Once your application has been successfullysubmitted you will receive an onscreen confirmation and an email. We recommend that you save and/or print these for your records. Please note, if you do not receive an onscreen confirmation and an email acknowledging our receipt of your application we have not received your application.
If you requiretechnical assistance, please click HERE to review theGovernmentJobs online application guide , or contact their Toll-FreeApplicant Support line at (855) 524-5627.Please notethat Human Resources is notresponsiblefor any issues or delays caused by the internet connection, computer or browser used to submit the application.
Please click HERE for important Applicant Information and the County Employment Process .
Closing Date/Time: Continuous