Location: Palo Alto, CA
We are looking for a software engineer to join a new project to build a real-time messaging framework for the Intapp Platform using Kafka and machine learning technologies. These roles will be part of a small, agile innovation team initially during the product build phase and could have the opportunity to grow into overseeing a piece of the Intapp Platform from an engineering perspective.
For this role we are looking for someone who is willing to learn and develop new skills, is a great problem solver and is happy to bring their experience to a fast-paced, iterative, collaborative engineering team. The Intapp Platform environment is built around a number of core technologies including Kafka, Kubernetes, Microservices, Micro front-ends, Postgres, MS SQL, and machine learning technologies.
Responsibilities of the role
- Implement and own specific micro-services and solutions that solve problems through the full development lifecycle
- Participate in technical design discussions, contributing experience and specific knowledge
- Deliver code in a quality engineering focused environment.
- Participate in the code review of other code
- Assist in the DevOps process as required for the pieces of the solution you own
- Exposed to or experience with Kafka
- 5+ years development experience
- Experience working in a development team and using agile development
- Exposure to the development of micro-services and delivery of those services into production
- A passion to create something amazing!
- Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science or related field required
- Experience working with real-time messaging, text messaging, push notifications, mobile, online chat
- Knowledge and experience working with AWS tools
- Delivering SaaS in the cloud
- Working in a multi-tenanted environment
- Strong communication skills
- Formal training in computer science or similar engineering