Sr. People & Culture Partner
Location: West Hollywood, California, United States,
Req ID: 12530
Sr. People & Culture Partner
Discovery's People & Culture team provides leading edge solutions to support the growth, development and engagement across the organization. Our team partners closely with the business to anticipate and deliver programs, products and solutions to keep our talent engaged and our company competitive. We operate as one team and are a team of doers. We are agile, whether we're helping structure an organization, fill a key role, develop new capabilities across the team or grow talent across all levels of the organization. We do the right thing, even when it's hard. As People Partners, we are trusted advisors to the business and collaborate with our People Specialists to deliver programs and results across the organization.
The People & Culture Business Partner is a key position within Discovery's People and Culture team, providing direct client support to Discovery's Digital teams. The position will partner with leadership in providing solutions to employee-related matters, maintaining a balance between being a strategic business partner and employee champion. This position will continuously review, challenge the status quo and develop initiatives that ensure Discovery remains an employer of choice. This position is located in Los Angeles, CA with some travel.
1. Partner with the People & Culture team and clients to execute against the people strategy in line with the business goals. Understand the business and the top priorities to execute against the people strategy in line with the business goals.
2. Actively contribute to the business strategy; provide People & Culture expertise and challenge to the management team
3. Proactively provide creative and engaging solutions to motivate employees at different career points (ie: early career, management, leadership)
4. Serve as People & Culture advisor, coach and partner to the management team
5. Maintain a positive work environment through effective employee relations practices
6. Coach managers to pro-actively manage employees (e.g. performance and attendance) and provide advice to resolve grievance and disciplinary issues
7. Support managers and employees in matters related to career development, staffing initiatives, employee relations, workplace ethics and performance management.
8. Influence and shape the change agenda, including organization and structural changes; identify obstacles and develop strategies to overcome them
9. Develop strong working relationships and work closely with all People & Culture specialist functions to provide 'seamless' support and guidance to the business including: Talent Acquisition, Learning & Development, P & C Ops, Compensation & Benefits
10. Partner with Discovery's LifeWorks team to implement and develop programs and opportunities that enhance the reputation of Discovery as an employer of choice
11. Identify skills gaps through effective resource planning and provide up-skilling processes to bridge these gaps
12. Lead and develop People & Culture projects across the business
13. Contribute as a team member on broader People & Culture projects across the business
14. Proactively review on an ongoing basis all People & Culture policies and processes; with a view to improve efficiency and effectiveness within legal framework
15. Continually strive to provide 'best practice' HR advice and support, through information sharing internally and external benchmarking