Student Accessibility Services Coordinator- Temporary
Location: San Francisco, CA Category: Staff Positions Posted On: Mon Jul 19 2021 Job Description:
Position: Student Accessibility Services Coordinator
Department: Student Affairs
Supervisor: Director of Accessibility & Accommodations Services
FLSA Status: Part-time, 0.5FTE, non-exempt
Dates of Hire: Starting immediately; ending December 31, 2021
Note: the temp position will not be on-site. The temp will have the ability to work virtually during this time.
In collaboration with the Director of Accessibility & Accommodations Services, support the Office of Student Accessibility Service's mission to ensure equal access to education for qualified students with disability status at California Institute of Integral Studies. Provide coordination and administration for the disability support services function including directing and implementing reasonable accommodations and services for students with disabilities under the mandates of Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
The Coordinator may also support Student Affairs in general office administration.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate the provision of student accommodations which may include managing alternate format text requests and engage in text conversion and remediation for accessibility; managing notetaking process; coordinating ASL interpreters; overseeing requests for captioning.
- Respond with sensitivity and professionalism to inquiries from students, faculty, and staff including oversight of the firstname.lastname@example.org email account.
- Maintain accurate and confidential records, as well as tracking ongoing cases, recurrent cases and following up with students; maintain confidentiality in all aspects of communication and file management.
- Advanced administrative duties such as spreadsheet /database management, purchasing and shipping disability software, and sending confidential student accommodations letters to faculty.
- Promote a positive, student-centered, success-oriented atmosphere in the department and program.
- Communicate effectively with the Director and all other staff in order to ensure the continued successful operation of the Office.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Accountability/Dependability: Accepts responsibility for quality of own work; acknowledges and corrects mistakes. Shows up on time, meets standards, deadlines and work schedules.
- Judgment: Makes timely, informed decisions. Analyzes options and determines appropriate course of action.
- Adaptability/Flexibility: Responds positively to changing business needs and responsibilities. Adapts approach and methods to achieve results; recovers quickly from setbacks and finds alternatives.
- Emotional Support: Responds to student challenges, concerns, and disclosures with sensitivity.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, with diverse students, faculty, staff and community members.
- Commitment to fostering an inclusive environment that is welcoming and supportive of students of all abilities, races, ethnicities, religions, sexual orientations, gender expressions, or other identities.
- Ability to work in a flexible, collaborative manner within a diverse and demanding work environment.
- Ability to utilize computer software, hardware and other technical tools to accomplish work tasks.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office products, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Ability to lift up to 20 pounds.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university.
- 2+ years of experience with administrative office work, preferably in a student-facing setting.
- A Master's degree in Higher Ed Administration, Student Affairs, Mental Health Counseling, Clinical Psychology, Education, or related field preferred.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with skills and experience.
NOTES TO CANDIDATE
Background Check -- Due to the sensitivity and requirements of our positions, you should expect to undergo and be cleared of an employment background/criminal check, if extended an offer for employment. You may also be asked to provide proof of educational degree(s), licenses or credentials pertinent to the position. If your job requires driving on behalf of CIIS you will be required to provide proof of a valid driver's license.
Visa Sponsorship -- Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. Applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
Relocation Assistance -- This position is not eligible for relocation assistance.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY
CIIS values diverse perspectives and life experiences. Every applicant will be considered regardless of race, color, ethnicity, creed, national origin, ancestry, gender, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity. All qualified persons legally authorized to work in the United States are encouraged to apply.
Accommodations for people with disabilities will be provided on request.