Student Accounts Coordinator
California Institute of Integral Studies (CIIS) is an internationally-recognized leader in integral education. CIIS has an enrollment of more than 1,500 students pursuing degrees in a variety of academic programs in its schools of Consciousness and Transformation, Professional Psychology and Health, Undergraduate Studies, and American College of Traditional Chinese Medicine (ACTCM). In addition, CIIS hosts a vibrant art exhibition program through The Arts at CIIS and offers a dynamic array of events through its Public Programs division, including workshops, lectures, and certificate programs. The University provides affordable mental health and acupuncture services to the San Francisco Bay Area through its 10 award-winning clinics. CIIS is accredited by the Western Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC) and Accreditation Commission for Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine (ACAOM).
To provide accounting and customer service support to the Student Accounts Office regarding the billing and collection of payment for students' accounts; while ensuring the efficient processing of transaction through the accounting system. Assignments are routine in nature and carried out in accordance with established policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provides comprehensive customer service to all students
- Maintains contact with currently enrolled students to ensure that regular payments are being made
- Monitors Student Account and Business Office holds
- Maintains contact with a predetermined group of previous students regarding past due and problem account balances using various methods, i.e. telephone contact, letter contact, outside collection agency
- Performs diligent follow-up on missing or late payments due from current students
- Monitors student account balances on a daily basis and interacts with the Office of Financial Aid to ensure the proper credits and refund requests are applied and processed in a timely manner while adhering to federal rules and regulations
- Assist during registration
- On a monthly basis, assist in the preparation and distribution of A/R reports to management
- On a weekly basis, assist in the preparation of student refunds
- Review student accounts for accuracy
- Update and review payment plan tracking system for completeness and accuracy
- Work closely with all offices to address student inquiries and to ensure accuracy of the student accounts
- Perform research in response to inquiries and concerns regarding student financial matters
- Assist in collection of records and coordination of the Institution's response to audits related to student account operations. Reports and provides supporting documentation to the Students Accounts Manager, in a timely manner, all student status changes
- Update/adjust student account records via the billing module upon authorization from the Student Accounts Manager or Controller. Verify account clearances.
- Compile, prepare and analyze reports upon request
- Occasional evening and weekend working hours will be required
- Performs other related work as required
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Understanding and adherence to the Institution's confidentiality policy
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
- Sense of teamwork, creativity, and flexibility
- Detail oriented and organized
- Ability to establish priorities
- Ability to understand, interpret and explain the Institution's policies and procedures
- Ability to understand and interpret written and verbal instructions
- Computer experience with Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to learn new software and technology
- Must be able to attend meetings; hybrid on campus/remote work schedule negotiable
- Experience with Ellucian Colleague software highly desirable
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associates degree in accounting, finance or business administration or
- Two years of accounting or accounts receivable related work experience
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary commensurate with skills and experience.
NOTES TO CANDIDATE
Working Conditions -- Duties are primarily performed in an office environment at a desk or computer terminal, typically, Monday through Friday.
Background Check -- Due to the sensitivity and requirements of our positions, you should expect to undergo and be cleared of an employment background/criminal check, if extended an offer for employment. You may also be asked to provide proof of educational degree(s), licenses or credentials pertinent to the position. If your job requires driving on behalf of CIIS you will be required to provide proof of a valid driver's license.
Visa Sponsorship -- Visa sponsorship is not available for this position. Applicants must currently be authorized to work in the United States for any employer.
Relocation Assistance -- This position is not eligible for relocation assistance.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY
CIIS values diverse perspectives and life experiences. Every applicant will be considered regardless of race, color, ethnicity, creed, national origin, ancestry, gender, marital status, disability, religious or political affiliation, age, sexual orientation, or gender identity. All qualified persons legally authorized to work in the United States are encouraged to apply.
Accommodations for people with disabilities will be provided on request.
Screening begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Using the Apply Now link, please submit a Resume and Cover Letter online.
For further inquiries, please email the HR Office at HROffice@ciis.edu