LPA is seeking a Sustainability Specialist to join our integrated team of architects, engineers, interior designers, landscape architects and master planners. As a participant in our uniquely collaborative design process, you will work hand in hand with colleagues across disciplines on a wide variety of innovative, sustainable projects. Our award-winning projects aim to have a positive and enduring environmental, economic and social impact.
Sustainability Specialist Experience:
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Building Science, Building Technology, Architectural Engineering, Environmental Building Design or similar degree required
- 2+ years of working experience in the building industry
Sustainability Specialist Requirements:
- Proficiency in Energy and Daylight Modeling software is required such as one or more of the following: EnergyPro, Sefaira, eQuest, EnergyPlus, Rhino and its plug-ins
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, Revit and/or SketchUp is preferred
- Fundamental knowledge of building physics and the metrics of building performance
- Enthusiastic commitment to the multidisciplinary design process and team environment
Sustainability Specialist Responsibilities:
- Work in unison with our LPAred team of researchers, energy modelers and sustainability specialists
- Work across 6 offices (4 in California + 2 in Texas) with proactive written and verbal communication skills
- Assist architectural, engineering and landscape architecture project teams in establishing project goals for energy savings and occupant health and wellness
- Create conceptual energy and daylighting models and make recommendations to maximize building performance
- Evaluate building envelope wall systems/details and make recommendations to optimize the thermal and acoustical performance
LPA is an integrated design firm with offices in California and Texas. We specialize in creating innovative, sustainable environments that work better, do more with less and improve people's lives. We provide a vibrant and rewarding work environmentone that values and fosters creativity, collaboration, critical thinking, community engagement and ongoing career development and growth. LPA is also committed to diversity, wellness and work-life balance. LPA offers competitive salaries and generous benefits, including health and dental insurance, retirement and financial, wellness and other work/life plans.
NOTICE TO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES AND RECRUITERS:
Please note that LPA does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed contract, LPA will not agree to pay any recruiter fee. In the situation an agency or recruiter submits a candidate or resume without a previously signed agreement and/or without LPA's request , LPA explicitly reserves the right to hire those candidate(s) without any financial obligation to the recruiter or agency. Any unsolicited resumes, including those submitted to hiring managers, are deemed to be the property of LPA.