Treasury & Revenue Intern
The San Mateo County Transit District serves nearly 100,000 customers each weekday on its SamTrans buses, Redi-Wheel paratransit vehicles, Caltrain commuter rail cars and shuttles, as well as a robust capital program. The Transit District, which is in the heart of the San Francisco Bay Area, also is the managing agency for the San Mateo County Transportation Authority. Staff enjoys a dynamic organization that fosters personal development and professional advancement of its staff. The Transit District's core values include integrity, customer focus, respect, quality, teamwork, leadership and accountability. Excellent benefits are provided.
Online applications accepted until 11:59 pm on Friday, April 24, 2020.
INTERNSHIP PROGRAM MISSION :
The Internship Program gives students the opportunity to apply the skills that they have learned in the classroom. In addition, the program gives students the opportunity to consider a career in the transit industry. The interns will gain invaluable experience by partnering and learning from our team of professionals.
The Treasury Intern will assist various Treasury personnel with day-to-day operations in Cash Management, Banking, Investments and other processes as assigned. Intern will provide analysis support on Treasury projects including cash forecasting, debt compliance review, and sales tax administration.
- The Treasury Intern shall be currently enrolled as a Junior or Senior undergraduate, or a graduate student in college majoring in Accounting, Finance, Business, Economics or related majors.
- Some knowledge to financial Enterpreise Reporting Program (ERP)/ database system.
- Be proficient with Excel spreadsheets, Word documents, and PowerPoint presentations.
- Must be able to handle confidential information and exercise good judgment in decision making.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND DUTIES
- Various assignments of account analysis, review of document process.
- Assist with month-end close, interim and annual audits.
- Work closely with Treasury personnel to prepare and update daily cash positioning, cash reconciliation and cash forecasting.
- Assist in the preparation of bank reports by reviewing bank fee analysis and other commercial banking processes.
- Research, review and analyze investment positions and prepare analysis reports.
- Provide analytical support and obtain a comprehensive understanding of the department and its needs.
- Project related work involving confidential and sensitive financial information that is analytical in nature.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
How To Apply
- Apply online at www.smctd.com/jobs.html or complete a SamTrans Employment Application per instructions printed on the application.
- When completing the online application, please follow instructions on the Prospective Employee Reference Guide found at www.smctd.com/jobs.html. When completing the paper application, please specify the position for which the application is being submitted.
- Incomplete or improperly completed online or paper applications may be rejected even if you are qualified for the position for which you are applying. It is your responsibility to ensure that the online or paper application reflects the work experience and education needed to meet the requirements for the position(s) for which you are applying.
- Whether applying online or with a paper application, your completed application package must be received by the District's Human Resources Department by the specified deadline to receive consideration. Paper applications must be received by the Human Resources Department by 4:30 p.m. on the application deadline date. Online applications must be submitted prior to 11:59 p.m. on the application deadline date.
- You may call (650)508-6308 to verify that your online or paper application package has been received.
SELECTION PROCESS MAY INCLUDE:
- Applications will be screened for completeness and minimum qualifications.
- Finalists will be interviewed by a selection panel.
- Successful candidates must be approved by college or university.
CURRENT EMPLOYMENT BENEFITS
- Free transportation on SamTrans buses. Incentives are offered for riding other forms of public transit, and for carpooling to and from work.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Human Resources Department will make reasonable efforts in the recruitment/examination process to accommodate applicants with disabilities upon request. If you have a need for accommodation, please call (650)508-6308.
The District is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities, women, persons with disabilities, veterans and disabled veterans are encouraged to apply.